Atlanta/Orlando, Fla. (July 2013) – STEELHOUSE Apartments, a luxury apartment community which Pollack Shores Real Estate Group developed in Orlando, has been named a finalist for a Pillars of the Industry Award. It has also won three Aurora Awards.
The Pillars of the Industry Awards are the top national honors in the multifamily real estate field. STEELHOUSE is a finalist in the category of best non-garden rental community, five stories or less. The winners will be announced October 3. Being a finalist places the firm in the top tier of apartment and condominium developers nationwide. The National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB) hosts the yearly awards.
The community has also won three Southeast design awards – the Auroras.
- Beasley & Henley Interior Design won both an Aurora and a Grand Aurora for its creative design and merchandising. The Grand Aurora indicates a perfect score in all judging elements.
- Poole & Poole Architecture, which designed the building, won an Aurora for Best Apartment Community in the category for developments with 15 or more units per acre.
Each company named the other, along with Pollack Shores, as a team member in their entry. Landscape architectural and site planning firm Foster Conant & Associates was also on the creative design team. The winners were announced earlier this month.
STEELHOUSE is a progressive, environmentally-friendly community located in the Gateway to downtown Orlando. Its award-winning design elements include:
- A gallery and storefront windows along the front, which achieved the “landmark” look the city requested
- Cutting-edge interior design with modern furnishings and bold colors
- An undulating geometric exterior, which allows for lush tropical courtyards and innovative use of space
- A large stylized mural of a woman’s face in the lobby, which sets the tone for the community
- The “Steel Fit” top floor lounge, which has a nightclub feel and skyline views
- Traditional materials including stone, brick, siding and steel which, used in innovative ways, blends with nearby buildings
- The “Steel Fit” fitness center
- Wood flooring, wall and ceiling details in common areas
- A resort-style saltwater pool with fountains and fire pit
The Aurora Awards program is affiliated with the Florida Home Builders Association and the Southeast Building Conference, one of two regional trade shows recognized by and affiliated with the NAHB.
About Pollack Shores
Pollack Shores Real Estate Group creates value by acquiring, developing, managing and investing in multifamily communities across the Southeast. The partnership also raises and manages funds for direct investment in real estate. Founded in 2006, the privately-owned firm’s team of experienced individuals has grown a portfolio worth roughly $1 billion. Pollack Shores has offices in Atlanta, Tampa, South Florida and Charlotte.
Media contact: Terri Thornton 404-932-4347 Terri@TerriThornton.com